Products & Services » Identity Theft Services
Of course, no one chooses to become a victim of identity theft, but it still happens to more and more people every day. Identity theft is bad enough but taking care of all the details necessary to recover can often be overwhelming. PFCU now offers a group benefit to all Premier Checking accountholders that provides identity theft recovery services. This benefit covers not only the accountholder--it extends to three generations of family members including spouses, children age 25 and younger and parents living at the same address for only $2.00 per month.
We have partnered with one of the nation's most trusted names in identity theft protection to provide you with access to a comprehensive suite of services to address fraud caused by identity theft if it happens to you or your family member. These services include:
- Fully Managed Identity Theft Research, Remediation and Recovery - If you suspect identity theft, or if your personal information becomes compromised, we will assign you to a professional, certified and licensed Recovery Advocate will complete the recovery work on your behalf, report progress along the way, and be there for you until your good name is restored – no matter how long it takes! This service extends to cover you and up to three generations of family! Click here for complete Terms and Conditions.
- Lost Document Replacement - this service provides personalized one-on-one assistance to replace identity credential documents that have been lost, stolen or destroyed in connection with your identity fraud event.
- Identity Theft Expense Reimbursement Insurance - you may receive reimbursement for out of pocket expenses incurred during the identity recovery process up to a maximum of $10,000, including reimbursement for lost wages, attorney's fees, and other expenses. Click here for Evidence of Coverage.
Fully-Managed Identity Recovery - How It Works
If you or anyone in your household suspect identity theft, or personal information becomes compromised as a result of a lost purse or wallet, a break-in, lost laptop or notification of a data breach, we can help. Simply contact Policemen's Federal Credit Union, and a representative will verify your information, and securely submit your case to a Personal Recovery Advocate, who will contact you directly.
Depending on your identity fraud incidents, this trained and certified identity restoration professional will:
- Perform research to determine the extent of the problem, including a review of all three credit reports (if appropriate)
- Assist with the placement of fraud alerts with the three major credit bureaus
- Write letters/ make calls on your behalf to dispute fraudulent information
- Coordinate with government agencies, financial institutions, creditors, etc. to resolve incidents
- Work with law enforcement to help to arrest and prosecute the criminals
- Follow up for 12 months after recovery
This service covers all types of identity fraud, even if it is not related to your account(s) with Policemen's FCU! Types of identity fraud covered include: credit/debit card fraud, tax fraud, employment fraud, government documents and benefits fraud, medical fraud, and any other identity fraud recognized by the Federal Trade Commission. Plus, the identity fraud recovery service extends to cover up to 3 generations of your family members! (Please refer to Terms and Conditions for details.)
Learn More about Identity Theft
Identity theft is defined as the process of using someone else's personal information for your own personal gain. ID theft can happen to anyone, and it can come in all shapes and sizes. According to the FTC, there are more than 30 types of identity theft affecting millions of Americans each year. Your credit card digits could be stolen and used to make online purchases; a thief could impersonate you to open up a loan in your name; a felon could commit a crime and pretend to be you when caught; or someone could use your personal information to apply for a job.
To learn more about this growing problem, and to learn how to protect yourself against its devastating effects, visit www.idtheftedu.com.
Purchase Identity Theft Detection Tools
As part of this group program, Policemen's Federal Credit Union also provides you with discounted access to additional identity theft detection and recovery tools, including credit monitoring and reimbursement for expenses incurred for identity theft recovery.
For more details or to register, click here.